Lighthouse

Description

Completed in 1936, by the Department of Shipping and Transport, it was the first new lighthouse in New South Wales since 1903. The tower is constructed of reinforced concrete and replaced several earlier lights. The structure cost 6,800 ($13,600) with plant and equipment 2,607 ($5,214). It was the first fully automatic flashing light to be installed in New South Wales.



Images of Wollongong Headland Lighthouse

Images not held


Groups

Contacts 

Opening Hours 

Opening Hours not held