Museums

Description

The Maitland Museum is housed in the former school building at the corner of Gardiner and Kilkerran Terraces. The earliest part was built in 1877, a residence with one school room at a cost of 950 pounds. The school opened in 1878 with 106 students enrolled, although the average attendance was only 45! Over the next 100 years a new residence was constructed and more and more rooms added as numbers increased and the status of the school went from Primary to Higher Primary to Area School. In 1979 the property was vacated by the Education department and granted to the National Trust for use as a Museum.



Images of Maitland Museum

Images not held


Groups

Contacts 

Opening Hours 

Opening Hours not held

Similar POI Nearby 


POI
No records found