Parks / Reserves

Description

Barrow Creek was named in 1860 by John McDouall Stuart after J H Barrow, a member of the South Australian Parliament.The site for the Telegraph Station was chosen in September 1871 by John Ross' Overland Telegraph exploring party, which was assessing Stuart's route to set up a telegraph line through Central Australia.


Location

22247 Stuart Highway, DAVENPORT NT 872 AU
-21.529651085831,133.889536958492


Get Directions via

Nearby in Davenport NT



Images of Barrow Creek Telegraph Station Historical Reserve

Images not held


Groups

 Contacts

 Opening Hours

Opening Hours not held

 Similar POI Nearby


POI
No records found